Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thinking Fall Thoughts on a 102 Degree August Day!

Friday means time with my mother!!! I pulled into the parking lot just as Donna called me to tell me she was ready! PERFECT timing! Last week Mother wanted me to take her to Macy's to buy some Happy Heart fragrance. I had Logan with me so I didn't feel like I could take a young two year old AND an 88 year old with BOTH of them needing to hold my hand!! Deanie found out about it and ordered from Macy's and it was delivered to Mother's front door! I thought I was home free until I saw Mother waving the check she had LAST week and started telling me she needed something else!!! So 
we were off to Hulen Mall!


Chick Fil A for lunch!


She always waits so I can take our weekly picture together!


What she 'needed' at Macy's was a new egg crate for her bed!
I helped her take the bed apart and put the new one on.
She has the egg crate on the mattress followed by a fitted sheet on top of it with ANOTHER fitted sheet on top of THAT one and a mattress cover on TOP of THAT! Layer after layer! I'm sure she is comfy in her bed tonight!


My sister left a 'Care Package' for me! The recipe for the delicious Cranberry Bars she gave me last week plus a couple of home grown tomatoes.....


and a bottle of wine!!!! I love having sisters!!!


Louis Dean has been hard at work on our laundry room today!


While he worked I cleaned and put out a few fall touches here and there!


It was very hot today!!! As in OVER 100 degrees!!!


I am SO ready for fall!!! Normally I get it all down on September 1st!
I put it ALL out!!!! Fall, pumpkins, pilgrims, the works!!!


I may fudge just a tiny bit and get it down a few days early this year.
Amber is having surgery on both of her knees and I will be spending a couple of weeks over in Quadville - as in day and night! I can make fruitcake cookies and pumpkin bread there as well as I can here! AND I can play September Morn anywhere! So tonight I cleaned the gazebo up and took down all the spring/summer things, spread a fresh cloth on the table and laid out some fall leaves for good measure!!


It's a good Friday night here at the Chapman's!
Maggie is doing better and better each day!
I can tell she has gained a bit more weight every evening when I pick her up to give her the antibiotic.
I think she is THRIVING due - in part - to all the attention we are giving her!!
Tomorrow I am going to bathe Lucy really good and see if that will help her disposition!!


The wine Nita gave me is excellent!!! I think I'll take my glass out to the gazebo and enjoy it there!
It's only 88 degrees out there now!!!!
Practically FEELS like FALL!!!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar