Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Scrappy Trip-Along at My Girlfriend’s Quilt Shoppe!

I received an email from Janet O. with a TON of pictures from a fun workshop she attended at her local Quilt Shop!

They had a large group of quilters participating and sewing up fun and scrappy blocks using my Scrappy Trips tutorial!

Whoowhoo!  It looked like so much fun, I wish I could have been there sewing along with everyone else!

This is what Janet had to say about her day at My Girlfriend’s Quilt Shoppe:

I spent 6 hours Friday at My Girlfriend's Quilt Shop in Logan, Utah participating in their Scrappy Trip Along. The email went out to their mailing list inviting people to bring sewing supplies, 16"x 2 1/2" strips, and a lunch if you'd like, and spend as much of the day (from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.) as you'd like, free of charge.

There was a link to your Scrappy Trips pattern at Quiltville.
I spent 6 hours there and the room was still full and buzzing like a hive when I left. Thought I'd send you some photos.
Janet O.
(roguequilter)

scrappytripalong1

The woman smiling above is Gail. I had never met her before, but we quickly bonded over our similar need for control.

scrappytripalong2

Here are the beginnings of our blocks--notice how controlled? : )

scrappytripalong3

This block (above) was made from the fabrics a woman had inherited from her mother.

scrappytripalong5

And this smiling lady was the only one sewing on a featherweight--it had belonged to her mother and she had learned to sew on it. I can't believe I didn't get a photo.

scrappytripalong6

See the green frog on the table in the foreground below? It was on a pedestal, and was the brainchild of shop owner, Kris. Whenever you had to do any unpicking that was NOT part of the pattern (because, as you know, there is unpicking involved), you had to ring a bell and place the frog by your machine. You were the proud owner of the "Rippit" award, until someone else rang the bell. I had it first! : )

A very fun day. Thanks for the pattern, Bonnie!

scrappytripalong4

EVERYTHING works in this block..it’s all about color and contrast, not the print of the fabric!

scrappytripalong7

Can’t beat those smiles!

scrappytripalong8

Lovely pinks from a Jelly Roll!

scrappytripalong9

Blocks appearing like magic! Snap your fingers and another one is done!

scrappytripalong10

Aren’t they great?

scrappytripalong11

Are you ready to try a block yet?  Click HERE for the tutorial!

scrappytripalong12

But I’m warning you --- these are like potato chips--- you can’t make just ONE!

Thanks for sharing your day and the great photos, Janet! I can’t wait to see your completed Scrappy Trips top!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar