While waiting to go see "Despicable Me 2" at the movies this afternoon, we walked through Target at the mall to kill some time. As usual, my wife knew I had to stroll through the sports card section, "just to look," Needless to say, when we left the mall, I had a 10-pack value repack baseball box, complete with "Extreme value - 40% savings," sitting in our bag, along with Red Vines and a box of Good 'N Plenty for the movie.
I resisted the temptation to open the box while waiting for the movie to start. By the way, I highly recommend "Despicable Me 2." I thought it was better than the first and the minions had more of a role in this one. That's all I'm going to say about that.
Back to the repack...With a Topps 206 and a 2012 Topps showing, I thought it'd be something decent. The 10 packs I received were: (1) 2012 Topps Chrome; (2) 2012 Topps Opening Day; (1) 1989 Donruss; (1) 1987 Donruss; (1) 2012 Topps; (1) Leaf Living Lengend Pete Rose (Ich!); (1) Jumbo Pack 2012 Donruss (they count this as one pack, actually); (1) 2007 Ultra; and a (1) 2010 Topps 206 Value Pack (12 cards, but they also count it as one pack).
I refuse to open the Pete Rose pack - I don't want to dirty my hands. If anyone wants it, they can have it! But I'll open a couple packs a day, saving the 2012 Topps Jumbo Pack and 2010 Topps 206 Value Pack for last.
Having said that. I'll open the 2007 Ultra and 1987 Donruss tonight, so I can deal the good with the bad.
Let's start with the Donruss. Unfortunately, no Padres. Besides a Stan Musial puzzle piece, people move along, there's nothing to see here.
Jack Clark - Cardinals - Diamond Kings
Black Jack Morris - Tigers
Juan Nieves - Brewers
Eric Bell - Orioles
Richard Dotson - White Sox
John Franco - Reds
Jeff Reardon - Twins
Mark Eichhorn - Blue Jays
Mike Morgan - Mariners
Mike Campbell - Mariners (Rated Rookie)
Jody Davis - Cubs
Sid Fernandez - Mets
Mike Krukow - Giants
Chris Bosio - Brewers
Bob Kipper - Pirates
I was much happier with the pack of Ultra. Lo and behold I got a Padre...and a Hector Gimenez (Astros) RC. Big whoop on the Gimenez, though. In his 168-game to date career, he's only hit .216 with 2 homers and 11 RBIs.
As for the rest:
Grady Sizemore - Indians
John Buck - Royals
Vernon Wells - Blue Jays
Tuesday, I'll have the 1989 Donruss and 2012 Topps Chrome on tap.



0 Yorumlar